The Deafening Colors'
"MAKE A MUSIC VIDEO"
C O N T E S T
How does this contest work?
You choose from either “Parkway South” or “Mary-Anne” (tracks one and two on our 2015 album, Carousel Season) and you make a video for the song.
Submissions are taken via email. Once you finish making your video, go to our submissions page and follow the instructions for emailing .
The deadline is 11:59 PM on Sunday, May 22, 2016. Then, we will pick our favorites.
** BY SUBMITTING, YOU ARE STATING THAT YOU AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS BELOW.**
First prize will receive $400 and your video will be released as our official video for the song, posted to our YouTube page and our website and shared with the world.
Second prize will receive $100 and your video will also be released as our official video (the second place winner will be selected from the entries for whichever song did not win the first place prize)
and shared with the world.
Winners will be announced and videos released on Monday, May 30, 2016.
There is no entry fee, but we ask that you purchase the song for which you are making the video for at the price of .99 cents, available from http://thedeafeningcolors.bandcamp.com, from iTunes, or from many other online retailers.
For more information please contact email@example.com.
About The Deafening Colors:
The Deafening Colors are an indie rock band from New Jersey. They have performed live on WFMU, at The Bowery Electric, The Knitting Factory, Maxwell's, and many other venues and radio stations.
Their newest album, “Carousel Season,” was described by WFMU as "an album that brims over with beautiful and poignant pop music."
They have been featured in The Press of Atlantic City, You Don't Know Jersey, and Popdose, among many other publications.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. By submitting you are giving The Deafening Colors the right to publish your video submission on their website, their YouTube channel, or anywhere else that they deem appropriate.
2. You may also choose to share your video, whether your entry wins or not, on your own website, YouTube channel, or in any other manner available, as long as you credit The Deafening Colors and link to or share either or in both the description of the video and in the credits.
3. Winning submissions become the property of John Arthur and Cristofer Slotoroff (The Deafening Colors). Filmmaker(s) will be credited wherever distributed.
4. The Deafening Colors retain the right to forego choosing a winner depending on the quality of submissions.
5. The Deafening Colors reserve the right to change or alter the Terms and Conditions without notice at any time.
* * 6. By submitting you are agreeing to all of the above Terms & Conditions. * *